How is Art Of Uniformity®️ sustainable?
- We take sustainability very seriously. From day one, it's been our mission to be as sustainable as possible, starting with the materials we use. A majority of our products are made of natural, organic, upcycled or recycled fabrics. We source our fabrics from mills that provide us with verifiable certification (BCI, GOTS, etc.) as it relates to organic cottons and recycled polyesters.
- Our upcycled artwear garments are created from existing uniforms, many of them vintage. Upcycling means taking a previously used product and refurbishing it into something new, as opposed to discarding it.
- Many of our products are either entirely made or partially assembled in Los Angeles, reducing our carbon footprint by minimizing imports from overseas factories and contributing to our local economy.
- We design like the world depends on it...because it does! The fast fashion trends that come and go so quickly are contributing to the huge amounts of textile waste the world is experiencing. If something is too trendy, it most likely will only get worn for a season, if that, and then discarded. We are very intentional with our designs, creating modern classics and novelty, wearable art that transcend trends...pieces that you can cherish and wear for years to come.
What is your return/exchange policy?
We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after you place the order to request a return for a refund.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused and with tags attached. Click here For more information regarding returns, exchanges and refunds.
How should I care for my artwear?
As a general rule for hand-painted artwear, you will want to either spot clean or hand/machine wash cold, inside out, on a delicate cycle and then lay flat to dry or tumble dry low. Never iron directly onto the artwork. A hand steamer works great in removing creases and wrinkles without damaging the art. For upcycled artwear, please follow the care instructions as indicated on our website's product description page. Officer coat styles should be dry cleaned only. If you have any questions/concerns about how to care for a particular style, please don't hesitate to reach out.
Where do your upcycled uniforms come from?
Lots of places! A majority of the garments are found throughout the Los Angeles area, but some have come from Texas, Oregon, or wherever our travels take us. The origin of many pieces come from various countries such as as France, Germany, UK (just to name a few), which is why we have many types of camouflage patterns. You can find this information on the description of each artwear piece.
What makes your scrubs and lab coats different from other brands?
- Art Of Uniformity®️ is the first sustainable medical uniform collection created by an experienced fashion designer and artist. The founder, Shireen Jamehdor, has over 15 years of apparel design experience, 10 of those years in the uniform industry. She fully understands the complexity of creating a garment and the importance of both form and function when it comes to designing a uniform.
- Our uniforms are eco-friendly. We source the best materials to ensure our products are truly sustainable but also durable for repeated use.
- We don't add any antimicrobials or other performance chemicals to our fabrics, which have potentially long-term negative side effects for humans and the environment. Please visit our blog to learn more.
- We don't copy what other brands are doing. If you are someone who wears scrubs and/or lab coats, chances are you've noticed many brands starting to look the same. Our uniforms are for individuals who respect the artistry of an intentional, well-made garment and appreciate quality over quantity. We are a non-conventional uniform style brand, one that goes against the status quo. We are uniformists, not conformists.
Have any other questions that you can't find the answers to? We'd be more than happy to answer them! Just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will get a response within 24 hours.